Gad Zooks ~
Wow, totally apologize for the radio silence (last update was April Fools), but it's really been that busy. From cutting down and milling the bar (thanks for the help Johnny) to standing/placing our tanks and brewhouse, we've been checking boxes off the ever shortening list. Check a snippet of our forth coming construction time lapse - http://vimeo.com/92418265. Our Director of Visual Awesomeness (yeah Robert Bradford!) is masterminding the full time lapse for release after opening and it's going to be world detonating. So yeah this is totally happening!
Here's most of the stuff we've got left:
- Hardwire all equipment + finish general electric
- Finish plumbing to brewhouse + HLT
- Finish coldbox
- Drill/epoxy tank hold downs + special inspection
- Install burner stack + brewhouse vent
- Install icebreak + gutter
- Plumb + install glycol system
- Receive raw materials + ancillaries
- Full deep clean of production facility + brewhouse/tanks
- Final county inspection/signoff
- Test brews
- Full on production!
- Start/finish tasting room + bar
- Start/finish exterior + signage
- GRAND OPENING!
Right now we've allotted ~20 days from the day we brew our first production batch until we can open, so we basically have a month to get the production area buttoned up, get signoff on our building permit, and start brewing. After that we can focus on getting the tasting room and signage dialed in. Twenty days is plenty time to build a tasting room with a 30'+ bar made from a 100 year old Jeffery Pine tree and a genuine meat hook from the civil war era (*not sure on accuracy of actual age).
So stay tuned for developments and stop by if you want to take a look at progress, but don't get bummed if we don't have time for a full-on tour... gotta build the brewery first B-)
Thanks, and Cheers!